Natural Carpet Cleaning Tips. Carpet cleaning is very crucial in ensuring your home is clean and tidy. Nevertheless, carpet cleaning products contain harsh chemicals in them that make most homeowners reluctant to bring them into their homes. Rather than using such products, you can use natural carpet cleaners that are made from products that are readily available in homes. With little creativity and some elbow grease, you can ensure your carpet is free from dirt and stains using natural products that are conducive for you and your entire family.
In this article, we’re going to look at some of the natural carpet cleaning tips you can use to keep your carpet neat and tidy. They include:
Carpet cleaning machines come with strict guidelines that indicate that every time you are steam cleaning your carpets you should use a highly concentrated cleaner that comes with them. Nevertheless, the use of plain water in these machines has shown to be effective as it gets rid of huge amounts of dirt and grime out of the carpet and it does not leave behind chemicals nor stains.
• This method has shown to be effective in removing soft stains. Nevertheless, it is a good idea of ensuring your carpet is clean overall.
Natural soap has shown to be an effective product when it comes to cleaning carpet. It has the capacity to remove stains and dirt and it is neither toxic nor dangerous to use in your home. Add a few drops of warm water to this type of soap and use the solution to scrub your carpet.
• You should not forget to carry a dry towel when doing the cleaning, this will help you to soak more water and soap out of your carpet as you continue to clean.
• If you are in possession of a carpet cleaning machine, use a small amount of this soap in it rather than the traditional carpet cleaning solutions.
There are numerous commercial cleaning products in the market that are natural and human-friendly. You can purchase these products in local stores or online.
• When planning to use a commercial cleaner, consider the ingredients and another part of the label to learn about the safety information. Being a natural and non-harmful cleaner, you will come across labels that certify it as a green product.
• If you are after non-toxic natural carpet cleaner, you should go after safety products lists from bodies that are trusted with providing information concerning the natural products.
If your carpet requires concealing of unpleasant smell, look no further than your kitchen countertop. Baking soda is very effective in deodorizing as it absorbs odors easily. What you have to do is to sprinkle a layer of baking soda on your carpet, allow it to settle on the carpet for quite some time and then vacuum it. The baking soda should be able to absorb all sorts of odors from your carpet.
There are several commercial deodorizers that have scents in them that are produced upon vacuuming up the deodorizer. To use the natural products to generate the same results you need to mix a few drops of essential oil with baking soda and thereafter sprinkle the mixture on your carpet. Once you are done with the vacuuming of baking soda, the smell of the essential oil will be produced immediately.
Just like baking soda, vinegar is an amazing product that can be used to deodorize your carpet since it absorbs odors and kills the bacteria causing odor. Once the vinegar smell disappears, even though it takes time, you will be left with a deodorized carpet that is free from the scent.
You should consider using lemon if you have a small portion that needs to be deodorized. Pour a mixture of lemon juice and a few tablespoons of water on the affected area. The acidity present in the lemon juice makes it ideal in getting rid of odors even the ones that are more unpleasant.
Once you have sprinkled the lemon juice mixture on the affected area, you should rinse it with soapy water and then use a piece of cloth to dry the area.
The discussed above are some of the natural carpet cleaning tips you can use to clean your carpet.